Automation can be an amazing thing – until you need help that the computer can’t handle. That’s why it’s important to have a real, live person behind your online marketing efforts! That way, all of your efforts will be streamlined, relevant, and awesome.
More importantly, you’ll be present with your audience and they’ll see just how dedicated you are to helping them. In other words, you’ll be building up that fan base with ease.
7 Ways to Take Your Online Marketing to the Next Level
So let’s cover some easy, intentional ways to take your online marketing to the next level.
- Make Your Website About Them. Rule #1 in marketing (both online and in real life) is to solve a problem. In other words, take a look at your website. Is it boasting how cool your business is? Or does it address your audience, help them, and guide them through their options? That way, you’re being present for your audience – and they’ll think you’re a mind reader.
- Update That FAQ Page! When is the last time you looked at your FAQ page? Odds are, it’s frequented a lot by people visiting your website. But here’s the thing… how well does it actually answer those questions? If you need more detail (or space) to answer those questions, make a video or a blog post! Then link to it. Oh, and make sure you’re regularly adding questions to that page. Because the questions keep coming, right?
- Use a Customer Chat Window for Immediate Online Assistance. Have you ever browsed a site and had a question? It happens to all of us! Unfortunately, most FAQ pages aren’t as updated (or as in depth) as visitors would like. So if your FAQ page isn’t up to date, add a customer chat window. That way, customers can ask a quick question – and get a quick answer. That way, they’ll know that you’re there for them.
- Get on the Right Social Media Platforms. Social media can be a fantastic tool! But that’s what it is – a tool. And while you can use the bottom of a screwdriver as a hammer in a pinch, generally tools work best when you use them as they were designed. So find where your target audience is – and then join them online as a resource. That way, they know you’re on their side – and they’ll bring business to you on their schedule.
- Take 7 Minutes to Rock Social Media. Schedule 10 minutes, twice a day, to get on each social media platform. It’s the perfect way to listen to your audience, gauge their reactions, and do some great customer outreaching. Plus, ten minutes is the perfect amount of time – it’ll keep you focused on what’s important rather than getting you lost in the news feed.
- Up Your Email Marketing Game. Email marketing is a great way to connect and be present with your audience! This is more than just a chance to offer coupons, though. It’s your chance to connect, teach, and educate them on the things they need to know about your industry, your products, and your services. That way, they’ll know and trust your business when it’s time to do business.
- Transition to a Phone Call for Added Assistance. Finally, keep in mind what the whole point of your online marketing strategy is: to make sales. And the way to get sales is by making continued, personable contact with your customers. So if they reach out to the online customer chat with a question, offer to call them for faster, more detailed, and more personable service.
When you make sure that you’ve got a person behind those online marketing efforts, you’ll see amazing results. But the most amazing one is how you’ll be present for your customers – and that will help your business grow.
XBLUE designs and delivers phone systems for businesses with 3 to over 300 employees. Our U.S. based product support team is ready to help your dream. For more information, visit XBLUE.com or give us a call at 866-925-8312 to speak with an XBLUE Business Communications Specialist.