X16 Holiday Greeting Setup
The XBLUE X16 automated attendant includes an optional holiday greeting. Programming is accomplished through the system setup, which is located in the mail system. Scroll down to Holiday Mode and make the appropriate settings in the following areas:
NOTE: The holiday end time and date MUST be set prior to setting the holiday.
- Holiday End – This is the time that the system will stop playing the recorded holiday outgoing greeting.
- Holiday Start – This is the time that the system will begin playing the recorded holiday outgoing greeting.
- Holiday OGM – This is the greeting that plays during the holiday period.
- Holiday Mode – When set to On, the system will play a special holiday OGM. If set to Off, the system will follow the standard day/night or weekend schedule.
NOTE: If you have trouble setting the Holiday Start Date and Time:
- First program the Start Date year as 2012 ("12") save it, then,
- set the desired Start Date year (and Time) and save it again.
- (this technique is shown in the video below)
Steps to set the automated attendant holiday greeting:
- At any digital phone, press the Program Button
- Scroll to select System Setup and press Enter (the center navigation key)
- Put in the the password and press Enter (#### is the default password)
- Scroll up to go to the Mail System and press Enter
The next steps are used to set holiday times, mode, and to record the Out Going Messages (OGM):
- Scroll down to Holiday End and press Enter
- Set the day and time the holiday greeting will STOP playing and then press Enter
- Scroll up to Holiday Start and press Enter
- Set the day and time the holiday greeting will START playing and then press Enter
- Scroll down to Holiday OGM and press Enter
- Scroll to select Play or Re-Record and then press Enter
- Continue to use Scroll and Enter to control the recorder
Last Step: Scroll up to Holiday Mode, press Enter and turn it on.
Note: For best audio quality, use the handset when recording your announcement.