X16 Music on Hold Setup
The X16 music on hold (MOH) sound can be changed. The programming choices are internal or external. To change this programming, follow these steps:
- Press the Program Button on the phone
- Scroll to System Setup
- use the Navigation Buttons next to the display to scroll up or down
- Press Enter (the center navigation button next to the display)
- Dial the setup password (#### is default) and press Enter
- Scroll down to Music Source and press Enter to make your choice
The input jack is located between the line 1 jack and the the INIT switch. It is a standard ⅛ inch mono audio jack. A patch cable is required to go between the audio player and the X16.
If you choose External, you can plug an audio player such as a MP3 player or Music On Hold player into the music on hold jack on the back of the communications server. Whatever is playing will be broadcast to callers on hold.
In general, Music On Hold Players designed to work with telephone systems will provide better performance and sound quality. These devices are available through a number of on-line retailers.
Professional Quality Music On Hold Player Available At Store.XBLUE.com.
Return to the X16 Support Page